We use our leg muscles for walking from place to place, up and down stairs, dancing in a club, driving & playing sports etc. Due to its high usage, they are outfitted with a higher proportion of endurance muscle fibers than the chest or biceps. Legs need a higher volume of work or training and we tend to ignore the benefits of legs workout.People ignore legs muscles in there regular workout. Reason being we can’t show off them or it is so boring. We pride ourselves at pushing up big numbers on the bench press and having good looking show off muscles like the arms and pecs.
Benefits of Legs Workout
Below mentioned is the importance of legs training which should always be remembered.
- For well rounded physique and symmetrical body, legs workout is very important.
- Legs workout help elevate your testosterone levels helping other body parts grow as well. Testosterone is steroid hormone which is naturally produced by our body and it helps to increase the muscle, mass & strength.
- Legs represent the largest muscles in your body and helps you to stay lean. It uses significantly more calories than other body parts due to there size and the time it takes to recover.
- Legs workout involves compound lifts such as squats and dead lifts that helps the metabolism levels to be raised for a longer period of time.
- Stronger legs and core muscles will increase your strength on upper body lifts and thus help upper body muscle development.
- Strengthening lower body will help you run faster & longer.
- You won’t look like a chicken and this should be the end goal for putting efforts in legs training.
Your body is an intelligent machine. If you start to develop a lot of lean body mass on your upper body while your legs maintain to be skinny or less muscular, your body is going to recognize this. To prevent your body from developing muscular imbalances your body can and will prevent you from retaining any more lean body mass until your imbalance has been corrected. In order to avoid imbalances one should not ignore legs training.
If you have back pain and any other leg injury, please consult your fitness expert or doctor before you start legs training.
Read my other BLOGS on :
- Protein For Bodybuilding
- Fat Loss VS Weight Loss
- How To Make 6 pack ABS
- Boulder Shoulders
- Benefits Of Legs Workout
Please bookmark the page for your future reference