Benefits of protein for bodybuilding is a common question asked by every bodybuilding aspirant. Before I answer that lets understand why protein? Protein helps to build lean muscle and helps to burn fat. Out of all the macro nutrients, lean protein has the highest thermal effect on the body.
Benefits of Protein for Bodybuilding
- Protein help maintain and repair muscle tissue post exercising.
- It helps in fat loss & gaining muscle.
- As compared to carbohydrates, protein takes longer to break down and digest. It means it will keep your hunger at bay and then it becomes easier to hit calories target or intake for the day.
- As per DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) an average sedentary person should consume 0.36 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day.
- The daily protein requirement for people who do not diet and involve themselves in strength training or endurance activities can consume between .8-1.1 gram of protein per pound and those who are dieting and excising can consume between 1-1.6 gram per pound of there body weight per day.
- As compare to carbs (6-10%), fat (1-4%) protein has much higher thermic effect (20-30%) . Thermic effect helps in calorie burn which happens after eating . For example if 100 calories are consumed through protein, 70 calories will end up as usable calories and rest 30 calories are burnt while digesting & metabolizing the protein.
- Excess protein won’t increase muscular development as our body can achieve a desired lean muscle per day.
- High protein foods include lean red meat, chicken, fish, seafood, eggs, soy products, dairy products, legumes, nuts and seeds.
Vegan Protein Foods containing 4-8 GM Of Protein Serving
- Hemp Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Wild Rice
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
Non Veggie Protein in 100 GM Serving
- Halibut – 18.56 GM
- Chicken – 20.33 GM
- Turkey – 22.64 GM
- White Boiled Eggs – 12.56
Benefits of protein for bodybuilding varies from gender, height weight & age . Please refer a physician/doctor in case you have pre existing kidney or other health problems.
Increase in protein intake can be dehydrating . Please increase your water consumption at the same time or refer your physician/doctor
If you liked the page then please share it, book mark it & give rating by clicking on stars in the end of page.
Read my other BLOGS on